Author: mutt-users-owner
To: Miroslav Rovis
Subject: Your post is too big for this list
The message body is too long (23750 > 20000) for mutt-users.
Note: binary attachments suffer typically a size increase of 1/3.

Please consider one of these solutions,

body:
- reduce the size, drop unnecessary quoting.
- separate spin-off threads for unrelated parts of a a huge msg.

- compress large attachments (with gzip or zip).
- put still too large attachments onto a website and send the URL.

private:
- send directly to the people who called for this big message
instead of to the whole mutt-users list.
- if absolutely necessary: ask mutt-users-owner to let it pass.
I'd like to thank Darac Marjal again.

But tHere is not much to discuss about those timings. It's obvious how
my provider deals with me. Every so often, they do pranks like that (it
is very likely a prank, not some error).

Can't stress this enough (editing Lurker source to insert a warning to
that effect would have been better, but is boyond me as yet):

On 160923-20:52+0200, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
> Before looking up my *frozen* lurker image:
>
> http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/mutt/lurker/
>
> remember there is no serching there, that's just a mirror, no cgi-bin lurker
> scripts, a frozen mirror...

but:
> So in my Lurker, I was perfectly able to search

and find all more easily...

> and by clicking on that old subject I open:
>
> http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/mutt/lurker/message/20160918.051503.664b40a1.en.html
>
> where I want to test what I wrote in the first mail in this thread, by
> downloading from the links under:
> Message as email
> http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/mutt/lurker/mbox/20160918.051503.664b40a1.rfc822
> and under
> signature.asc (application/pgp-signature)
> http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/mutt/lurker/attach/5@20160918.051503.664b40a1.attach

Which I did. But that's a (line 90 of the downloaded email):

and not quoted printable like ClausAssmann.eml from first post...

I've only covered rfc822 and rfc2045 and most of rfc2046...

And I guess, given that it reads:

    protocol="application/pgp-signature"; boundary="9A1A73/U17WN0PFw"

that the boundary is what separates the body and the sig.

But I got where to confirm (no I couldn't, read on) my conjecture from,
prior to more reading of the MIME rfc that I mentioned above.

I'll try to understand this message with contains more tips (by Claus
as well).

http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/mutt/lurker/message/20160923.030146.8098fe07.en.html

Reproducing it here:
> You can debug what mutt does:
>
> set pgp_verify_command="/tmp/v %s %f"
>
> where /tmp/v is some simple script like:
>
> cat "$1" >/tmp/sig
> cat "$2" >/tmp/body

But I didn't manage to do the above.

Instead the little that I read from the rfc's that I mention in this
thread helped me enough.

This is what verifies for me. Find it in the archive:

Miro.tar

, which I attach.

Regards!
--