+ Mutt-1.7.0-r2.txt.gz (application/octet-stream)
Author: Miroslav Rovis
To: mutt-users
New-Topics: Re: PGP sigs fail verification
Subject: Re: OT: Miro's PGP signature [Was: urlview not listing the links right]
On 160918-08:51-0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> On 2016-09-18 14:20, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
>
> > That it would turn BAD is hard to conceive for me. I'm far from an
> > expert, but I do use my GnuPG correctly.
>
> This one verifies OK.

You mean that Ken Moffat's sig in that previous email. I just tried,
having imported it successfully with:
gpg --recv-key 3043C26D
but I can't verify it. It says:

[-- PGP output follows (current time: Sun 18 Sep 2016 22:15:34 CEST) --]
gpg: Signature made Sun 18 Sep 2016 17:46:03 CEST using RSA key ID
3043C26D
gpg: BAD signature from "Ken Moffat (ntlworld address)
<zarniwhoop@???>"
[-- End of PGP output --]

[-- The following data is signed --]

and in the status bar:

- s - 334/335: Ken Moffat Re: OT: Miro's PGP signature [Was: urlview..
PGP signature could NOT be verified.

I am able to verify some people's sigs in previous emails, like this
email, of course in my mailbox [*]:

Sort mailboxes vs. file browser
http://marc.info/?l=mutt-users&m=147320724731079&w=2

[-- PGP output follows (current time: Sun 18 Sep 2016 22:19:02 CEST) --]
gpg: Signature made Wed 07 Sep 2016 12:21:36 CEST using RSA key ID
+48C912E7
gpg: Good signature from "Paul Saunders <darac@???>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
+owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 689D 9753 FE50 6B09 2C1E  352A E6E9 E425 48C9
+12E7
[-- End of PGP output --]

[-- The following data is signed --]

Hi all,
- S - 284/335: Darac Marjal           Delete message after boun -- (57%)
PGP signature successfully verified.

So...

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 04:09:59PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:

> And this inconsistency is also what I see on the
> other mailing list :(
>
> > My use of the old GnuPG, such as can be seen I precluded anything
> > newer than: Uninstalling dbus and *kits (to Unfacilitate Remote Seats)
> > https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-992146.html#7559406 where you
> > can see: ">=app-crypt/gnupg-2.0.22"
>
> This is what USE flags are for? I also use gentoo, and I intentionally
> have _no_ support for multiseat, but still I'm able to build
> gnupg-2.0.28.

multiseat is such an idiotic thing on most of computers, since one user
99% of the time... and who then is the other seats for? Oh yes, for
somebody, yes, don't worry... But that'd be too much of a digression...

> > But, really nobody cares to reply to my query about the *urlview* not
> > doing the work?
>
> I don't use urlview, I just select the URL in mutt, and then a little
> shell script (bound to a key combo in my window manager) loads the
> selected URL in the browser.

Really thanks for replying!

But I fixed it in the meatime.

Oh I didn't, not myself... I figured out Gentoo devs were right, and did
great job, I installed from Portage...

See:
Mutt-1.7.0-r2.txt.gz

And now it, still checking, but it now, mostly at least, or much better
but not always, works, the urlview.

Regards!
---
[*] And I'd be terribly interested to learn, some day if not soon, how
can one check mails by their signitures when they are exposed in public
web, such as on Mutt Archives, or in my (frozen) Lurker (
such as:
http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/cenz/iskon-tcom-mr/message/20160623.134629.b7534288.en.html
)
--