+ (text/plain)
Author: Claus Assmann
To: mutt-users
New-Topics: Re: PGP sigs fail verification, Re: PGP sigs fail verification, Re: PGP sigs fail verification
Subject: Re: OT: Miro's PGP signature
On Sun, Sep 18, 2016, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> I switched to gpgme-1.5.5 (up until now I used the classic gpg spawning
> interface). Sadly, same results.

Just for the fun of it: can you try with gpg 1.4.x?

> One thing I learned is that it makes no sense to just dump the signed
> MIME part into a file and run gpg --verify; the signature is generated

Take a look at the gnupg mailing list:
"splitting up an inline-signed OpenPGP message"
that thread has a script/program to "convert" a signed mail into
the right format for verification, so you could try it to see what
went wrong with the mail that you got (and maybe compare it with
the same mail stored in some archive?).